Phone: (027) 87558310-602
Academic Areas: Thermoelectric materials; ferroelectric and Multiferroic materials; functional materials
Research Interests: Thermoelectric materials; ferroelectric and Multiferroic materials; functional materials
As a materials scientist, Qinghui Jiang focuses on the smart or functional materials, such as multiferroic, ferroelectric, thermoelectric and solar materials. He also is interest in building the materials smartly via traditional method or metastable method. His papers are widely published in the leading scholarly journals in the area of materials or physics.
PhD Engineering, 2007, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing
Master Engineering, 2003, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong Province
Bachelor Engineering, 2000, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Shandong University of Technology, Jinan, Shandong Province
Associate Professor (2014-present); School of Materials Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Research Assistant (2013--2014); Max Planck-POSTECH Center (Pohang University of Science and Techonolgy, Korea)
Marie Curie Fellow (2011-2013); School of Engineering and Materials Science, Queen Mary University of London (UK)
Lecture (2007-2011); School of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Jinan
- Q. H. Jiang, H. X. Yan, J. Khaliq, Y. Shen, K. Simpson and M J Reece, Enhancement of Thermoelectric Properties by Atomic-Scale Percolation in Digenite CuxS. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014, 2, 25, 9486-9489.
- Q. H. Jiang, H. X. Yan, J. Khaliq, H. P. Ning, S. Grasso, K. Simpson and M J Reece, Large ZT enhancement in hot forged nanostructured p-type Bi0.5Sb1.5Te3 bulk alloys. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2014, 2, 5785-5790.
- Q. H. Jiang, H. P. Ning, Q Zhang, M. Cain, M. J. Reece, and H. X. Yan, Active Ferroelectricity in nanostructured multiferroic BiFeO3 bulk ceramics. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2013, 1: 5628-5631.
- Q. H. Jiang, D. Z. Wang, F. T. Liu. BiFeO3-based nanoceramics prepared by spark Plasma Sintering. Procedia Engineering 2012, 27:598–603.
- Q. H Jiang, F. T. Liu, H. X. Yan, H. P. Ning, Z. Libor, Q. Zhang, M. Cain, M. J. Reece, Magneto -electric properties of multiferroic Pb(Zr0.52Ti0.48)O3-NiFe2O4 nanoceramic composites, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2011, 94 : 2311–2314.
- Q. H. Jiang, S. J. Zhao, Y. X. Qi and P. Yang, The effect of Ca or Ba substitution on the properties in Bi0.87La0.05B0.08FeO3 (B＝Ca, Ba) ceramics, Materials Science Forum 2011, 687:422-426.
- Q. H. Jiang, F. T. Liu, C. W. Nan, Y. H. Lin, M. J. Reece, H. X. Yan, H. P. Ning and Z. J. Shen, High-temperature ferroelectric phase transition observed in multiferroic Bi0.91La0.05Tb0.04FeO3, Applied Physical Letter 2009, 95(1):012909.
- Q. H. Jiang, A. Mei, Y. H. Lin, C. W. Nan and Z. J. Shen. Ferroic properties of highly-dense multiferroic Bi1-xLa0.05TbxFeO3 ceramics via sheltered spark plasma sintering, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2008, 91(7):2189-2194.
- Q. H. Jiang, C. W. Nan, Y. Wang, Y. H. Liu and Z. J. Shen. Synthesis and properties of multiferroic BiFeO3 ceramics, Journal of Electroceramics 2008, 21(1-4)Sp: 690-693.
- Q. H. Jiang, J. Ma, Y. H. Lin, C. W. Nan, Z. Shi and Z. J. Shen. Multiferroic properties of Bi0.87La0.05Tb0.08FeO3 ceramics prepared by spark plasma sintering, Applied Physical Letter 2007, 91(2):022914.
- Q. H. Jiang, Y. H. Lin, C. W. Nan and Z. J. Shen. Ferroelectric and ferromagnetic properties of Bi0.95-xLa0.05TbxFeO3 ceramics by hot-press sintering, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2007, 90(5):1444-1447.
- Q. H. Jiang, C. W. Nan and Z. J. Shen. Synthesis and Properties of Multiferroic La-modified BiFeO3 Ceramics, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2006，89(7):2123-2127.
- Q. H. Jiang, Z. J. Shen, J. P. Zhou, Z. Shi and C. W. Nan. Magnetoelectric composites of nickel ferrite and lead zirconante titanate prepared by spark plasma sintering, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 2007, 27(1):279-284.
- Q. H. Jiang, M. S. Li, Y. J. Song, Y. X. Qi, Q. C. Su, “Porous Hydroxyapatite Transformed from One-step Gypsum Moulding by Hydrothermal Reaction”, Materials for Mechanical Engineering 2003, 27(9):15-17.
- C. Chen, Q. H. Jiang, X. Y. Wei, I. Abrahams, H. X. Yan and M. J. Reece, Three Layer Perovskite-Like Structured Pr3Ti2TaO11 Ferroelectrics with Super-High Curie Point. Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2014, DOI: 10.1111/jace.13189.
- Y. L. Ding, F.T. Liu, Q. H. Jiang, B. Du, H. D. Sun, Hydrothermal Synthesis and Characterization of Fe3O4 Nanorods, Journal of inorganic and organometallic polymers and materials 2013, 23: 379-384.
- S. Grasso, N. Tsujii, Q. H. Jiang, J. Khaliq, S. Maruyama, M. Miranda, K. Simpson, T. Mori and M. J. Reece, Ultra low thermal conductivity of disordered layered p-type bismuth telluride. J. Mater. Chem. C 2013, 1: 2362-2367.
- Q. Wang, F. T. Liu, Q. H. Jiang, X. J. Sun, D. Z. Wang, Magnetic- Fluorescent Nanocomposites Fe3O4@SiO2@ZnSe: Preparation and Characterization, Journal of inorganic and organometallic polymers and materials 2012, 22: 27-31.
- Y. L. Ding, F.T. Liu, Q. H. Jiang, Q. Wang, X. J. Sun, L Sun, Effect of HCl Concentration on the Dispersity of Fe3O4 Nanoparticles, Journal of inorganic and organometallic polymers and materials 2011, 21: 793-796.
- P. Yang, A. Y. Zhang, H. S. Sun, F. T. Liu, Q. H. Jiang and X. Cheng, Highly luminescent quantum dots functionalized and their conjugation with IgG, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 2010, 345(2) : 222-227.
- A. Mei, Q. H. Jiang, Y. H. Lin and C. W. Nan. Lithium lanthanum titanium oxide solid-state electrolyte by spark plasma sintering. Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2009, 486(1-2): 871-875
- Y. H. Lin, Q. H. Jiang, Y. Wang, C. W. Nan, L. Chen and J. Yu. Enhancement of Ferromagnetic Properties in BiFeO3 Polycrystalline Ceramic by La-doping, Applied Physical Letters 2007, 90: 172507.
- Y. Wang, Q. H. Jiang, H. C. He, C. W. Nan. Multiferroic BiFeO3 thin films prepared via a simple sol-gel method, Applied Physics Letters 2006, 88 (14): 142503.
- Y. J. Han, Q. H. Jiang and M. S. Li, “Research Actuality and Development of Porous Hydroxyapatite”, Journal of Materials Science and Engineering 2004, 6: 929-933.
- Y. J. Song, M. S. Li, S. L. Wen, Q. H. Jiang and Q. C. Su, “Effect of Temperature and pH Value on the Preparation of Hydroxyapatite Powder”, Bulletin of the Chinese Ceramic Society 2003, 22(2): 7-10.
- Y. J. Song, S. L. Wen, M. S. Li, Q. C. Su and Q. H. Jiang, “Preparation and physicochemical process of nanosized hydroxyapatite powders with high purity”, Journal Of Inorganic Materials 2002,17(5): 985-988.
Login and edit information
- Spark plasma sintering Nanostructured Thermoelectrics. Maire Curie actions EC, 2011-2013, €21,100. (co-PI)
- Nano-sized BiFeO3-based multiferroic ceramics. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2010.01-2012.12, ￥200,000. (PI)
- The effect of the dopant on the properties of multiferroic nanoceramics. Natural Science Foundation of Shandong Province, 2010.01-2012.12, ￥50,000. (PI)
- Development of nonmetal mineral materials. Key Projects in the National Science & Technology Pillar Program during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan Period funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China. (2007BAQ01054) 2008.01~2010.12, ￥500,000 (co-PI)
- BiFeO3 multiferroic nanoceramics, funed by University of Jinan, 2008.01-2011.12, ￥30,000. (PI)
- Development of new functional ceramics with multiferroic properties, QMUL, China-UK Science Networks 2008, funded by the Royal Society, £4,050+￥10,000. (PI)