Phone: (27) 87556262
Academic Areas: Materials Processing
Research Interests: Materials Processing
Dr. Wu is a professor at State Key Laboratory of Materials Processing and Die & Mould Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, PR China. He has engaged in the research of new technologies of material forming, light-weight materials, and metal matrix composites for a long period, predominantly on forming technique for both liquid state and semi-solid state of metal materials, and mechanical properties of alloys, materials preparation and forming technology of composites in both aluminum and magnesium alloy matrix. He is also the director of Foundry Institution of Mechcanical Engineering Society of Hubei Province. He is the chief editor of not only three text books, but also one monograph. He has published more than 180 papers.
PhD in Engineering, 1998, Waseda University,Japan.
MA Engineering, 1986, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan.
BA Engineering, 1982, Sichuan Institute of Technology, Chengdu.
At Huazhong University of Science and Technology since 1986.
- Shusen Wu, Shulin Lü, Ping An, H. Nakae. Microstructure and property of rheocasting aluminum-alloy made with indirect ultrasonic vibration process, Materials Letters 73 (2012) 150–153
- Wei Dai, Shusen Wu, Shulin Lü, Chong Lin. Effects of rheo-squeeze casting parameters on microstructure and mechanical properties of AlCuMnTi alloy, Materials Science and Engineering A, 538(2012)320-326
- Shulin Lü, Shusen Wu, Wei Dai, Chong Lin, Ping An. The indirect ultrasonic vibration process for rheo-squeeze casting of A356 aluminum alloy, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 212 (2012) 1281– 1287
- Meng Sha, Shusen Wu, Li Wan. Combined effects of cobalt addition and ultrasonic vibration on microstructure and mechanical properties of hypereutectic Al–Si alloys with 0.7% Fe, Materials Science and Engineering A, 554 (2012) 142– 148
- Wu Shusen, Liu Longfei, Ma Qianqian, Mao Youwu,An Ping. Degassing effect of ultrasonic vibration in molten melt and semi-solid slurry of Al-Si alloys, China Foundary 9(2012)：201-206
- Meng Sha, Shusen Wu, Gu Zhong, Ping An. Variation of microstructure of RE-containing AlSi20Cu2Ni1RE0.6 alloy with different cobalt contents, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509 (2011) 252–257
- Shulin Lü, Shusen Wu, Chong Lin, Zuqi Hu, Ping An. Preparation and rheocasting of semisolid slurry of 5083 Al alloy with indirect ultrasonic vibration process, Materials Science and Engineering A, 528 (2011) 8635– 8640
- Gu Zhong, Shusen Wu, Huawen Jiang, Ping AnEffects of ultrasonic vibration on the iron-containing intermetallic compounds of high silicon aluminum alloy with 2% Fe, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 2010,(492)， 482–487
- WU Shu-sen, ZHONG Gu, WAN Li, AN Ping, MAO You-wu. Microstructure and properties of rheo-diecast Al-20Si-2Cu-1Ni- 0.4Mg alloy with direct ultrasonic vibration process, Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. China, 2010，（20）， s763-s767
- Wu S S, Xu S X, An P et al. Influence of hydrogen levels on porosity and mechanical properties of Mg alloy Castings, Inter. J. of Cast Metals Research. 2008, 21: 100~104
- Shusen Wu, Lizhi Xie, Junwen Zhao, Formation of non-dendritic microstructure of semi-solid aluminum alloy under vibration, Scripta Materialia 58 (2008) 556–559
- Shusen Wu, Ming Zhao, Jirong Luo, Youwu Mao. Properties of Conversion Coating of Magnesium Alloys by a Phosphate-Permanganate Solution. Materials Science Forum, V488-499(2005): 2260-63,
- Shusen Wu, Junwen Zhao, Li Wan et al. Numerical simulation of mould filling in rheo-diecasting process of semi-solid magnesium alloys, Solid State Phenomena,116-117(2006):554-557
- Ming Zhao, Shusen Wu, Jirong Luo et al. A chromium-free conversion coating of magnesium alloy by a phosphate-permanganate solution. Surface & Coatings Technology, 200(2006): 5407 -5412
- Ming Zhao, Shusen Wu, Jirong Luo et al. Microstructure and corrosion resistance of a chromium-free multi-elements complex coating on AZ91D magnesium alloy. Materials Chemistry and Physics, 99(2006): 54-66
- Ming Zhao, Shusen Wu, Ping An et al. Growth of multi-elements complex coating on AZ91D magnesium alloy through conversion treatment, Journal of Alloys and Compounds，427 (2007) 310–315.
- Shusen Wu, Xueping Wu, Zehui Xiao, A model of growth morphology for semi-solid metals, Acta Materialia, V52(2004): 3519–3524
Login and edit information
·Solidification Theory (For Graduate Students)
·Structure & Properties of Metallic Materials
·Metallurgy of Alloys
·Transport Phenomena in Materials Processsing