Phone: (027) 87558237
Academic Areas: Materials Science
Research Interests: Materials Chemistry
Dr Lixia Yuan is an associate professor of Materials Science at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST).
Dr. Yuan received her Ph.D. from Wuhan University in 2007. After she worked as a postdoctoral researcher in Department of Chemistry at Tsinghua University from 2007 to 2009, she came to HUST in 2009.
Currently, her research interests focus on functional materials for rechargeable lithium batteries. She has published more than 30 peer-reviewed papers in the renowned academic journals in materials science.
At School of Materials Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology since 2009, Associate professor (20011.11.- present); Lecturer (2009.3-2011.10)
At Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Postdoctoral researcher (2007.1-2009.2).
L. X. Yuan, Z. H. Wang, W. X. Zhang, X. L. Hu, J. T. Chen, Y. H. Huang*, J. B. Goodenough, “Development and challenges of LiFePO4 cathode material for lithium-ion batteries”，Energy & Environmental Science, 2011, 4(2), 269-284.
• Zhen Li, Lixia Yuan*, Ziqi Yi, Yongming Sun, Yang Liu, Yan Jiang, Yue Shen, Ying Xin, Zhaoliang Zhang, Yunhui Huang*, “Insight into the Electrode Mechanism in Lithium-Sulfur Batteries with Ordered Microporous Carbon Confined Sulfur as the Cathode”, Advanced Energy Materials, 2014, 4 (7), 1301473.
• Zhen Li, Yan Jiang, Lixia Yuan*, Ziqi Yi, Chao Wu, Yang Liu, Peter Strasser, Yunhui Huang*, “A Highly Ordered Meso@Micro-Porous Carbon Supported Sulfur@Smaller-Sulfur Core-Shell Structured Cathode for Li-S Batteries”, ACS Nano, 2014, 8(9), 9295–9303.
• Zhen Li, Lixia Yuan*, Ziqi Yi, Yang Liu, Yunhui Huang*, “Confine Selenium within Porous Carbon Nanospheres as Cathode for Advanced Li-Se Batteries”, Nano Energy, 2014, 9, 229–236.
• Zhen Li, Lixia Yuan*, Ziqi Yi, Yang Liu, Ying Xin, Zhaoliang Zhang, Yunhui Huang*, “A dual coaxial nanocable sulfur composite for high-rate lithium-sulfur batteries”, Nanoscale, 2014, 6 (3), 1653–1660.
• Ziqi Yi, Lixia Yuan*, Dan Sun, Zhen Li, Chao Wu, Wenjuan Yang, Yanwei Wen, Bin Shan* and Yunhui Huang*, “ High-Performance Lithium-Selenium Batteries Promoted by Heteroatom-Doped Microporous Carbon”, J. Mater. Chem. A, 2015, 3, 3059-3065.
• Min He, Li-Xia Yuan*, Xian-Luo Hu, Wu-Xing Zhang, Jie Shu, Y.H. Huang*, “SnO2@Carbon Nanocluster Anode Material with Superior Cyclability and Rate Capability for Lithium-Ion Batteries”, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 3298–3305.