Phone: (86) 27-8755-8241
Academic Areas: Energy Materials
Research Interests: Energy Materials
Professor Yunhui Huang received his Ph.D in 2000 at Peking University. He worked as an associate professor in Fudan University, China, in 2002, and as a JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) foreign researcher at the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, from 2002 to 2004. In 2004, he joined The University of Texas at Austin, USA, where his research work focused on electrode materials for solid-oxide fuel cells and lithium-ion batteries. He joined Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2008 as a Chair Professor in Materials. He won the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars of China in 2008. Currently, he is the dean of School of Materials Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology. He has published more than 200 papers in the journals like Science, Chem. Soc. Rev., Nature Commun., Energy Environ. Sci., Adv. Mater., Adv. Energy Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Nano Lett., ACS Nano, Nano Energy, Chem. Mater., etc.
Ph. D., obtained in July 2000
1997.9.-2000.7. College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University. Major: Inorganic Materials Chemistry.
Master of Science, obtained in July 1991
1988.9.-1991.7. Department of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China.
Major: Analytical Chemistry.
Bachelor of Science, obtained in July 1988
1984.9.-1988.7. Department of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing, China.
1. 2008.01.- present: Professor, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China.
2. 2004.11.-2007.12: Postdoctoral researcher, Texas Materials Institute, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, USA.
3. 2002.11.-2004.11: JSPS (Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) researcher, Materials and Structures Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan.
4. 2002.6.-2002.11.: Associate professor, Institute of Advanced Materials, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
5. 2000.7.-2002.6.: Postdoctoral researcher, State Key Laboratory of Rare Earth Materials Chemistry and Applications, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, Beijing, china.
6. 1991.7.-1997.6.: Teacher (lecturer from 1994), Department of Chemical Engineering, Nanchang Institute of Aeronautical Technology, Jiangxi Province, China.
(1) Y.H. Huang, R.I. Dass, Z.L. Xing, J.B. Goodenough, “Double Perovskites as Anode Materials for Solid-Oxide Fuel Cells”, Science, 2006, 312: 254.
(2) X.L. Hu,* W. Zhang, X.X. Liu, Y.N. Mei, Y.H. Huang*, “Nanostructured Mo-based electrode materials for electrochemical energy storage”, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2015, 44: 2376.
(3) L. Qie, W.M. Chen, H.H. Xu, X.Q. Xiong, Y. Jiang, F. Zou, X.L. Hu*, Y. Xin, Z.L. Zhang, Y.H. Huang*, “High-performance functionalized 3D hierarchical porous carbon for both supercapacitor and lithium-ion battery”, Energy Environ. Sci., 2013, 6: 2497.
(4) Y.M. Sun, X.L. Hu*, J.C. Yu, Q. Li, W. Luo, L.X. Yuan, W.X. Zhang, Y.H. Huang
Awards and Honors
- Winner of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
- The Changjiang Scholar Chair Professor (Chinese Ministry of Education)
- State Council Expert for Special Allowance
- Overseas Chinese Contribution Award
Login and edit information
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Polymer Materials
- Materials Analysis and Characterization