Phone: (027) 87559967
Academic Areas: Materials Chemistry
Research Interests: Materials Chemistry
Ying Ma is a Professor in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technolgy. Her current research focuses on the development and application of novel optoelectronic and luminescent materials. She is especially interested in photocatalyst/catalyst used in hydrogen generation and rare earth luminescent nanomaterials. She has authored/co-authored more than 100 papers in scientific journals including Adv. Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., J. Am. Chem. Soc., ACS nano, Chem. Mater., etc.
PhD in Physical Chemistry, 1999, Institute of Photographic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, P. R. China;
MS in Physical Chemistry, 1996, Department of Chemistry, Jilin Universitry, P. R. China;
BA in Inorganic Chemistry, 1993, Department of Chemistry, Jilin Universitry, P. R. China.
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Professor (2013-present); Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Associate Professor (2001–2013);
Institute of Chemical Engineering, Saarland University, Germany, Post-doctoral Fellow (2001–2002);
Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Assistant Professor (1999–2001).
- Y. J. Yang, Y. T. Zhong, X. Wang, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Facile Synthesis of Ultrathin Lepidocrocite Nanosheets from layered precursors, Chem. Asian. J. 2014, 9, 1563–1569.
- Y. T. Zhong, G. Tian, Z. J. Gu*, Y. J. Yang, L. Gu, Y. L. Zhao*, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Elimination of Photon Quenching by a Transition Layer to Fabricate a Quenching-Shield Sandwich Structure for 800 nm Excited Upconversion Luminescence of Nd3+-Sensitized Nanoparticles, Adv. Mater., 2013, 26, 2831–2837.
- X. Wang, Y. J. Yang, T. Y. Zhai, Y. T. Zhong, Z. J. Gu, Y. C. Cao, Y. L. Zhao, Y. Ma,* J. N. Yao*, Synthesis and properties of oval-shaped iron oxide-ethylene glycol mesostructured nanosheets, Chem. Eur. J. 2013, 19, 5442–5449.
- Y. T. Zhong, Y. J. Yang, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Controlled synthesis of ultrathin lamellar Eu2O3 nanocrystals: self-assembly of 1D nanowires to 2D nanosheets, Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 10355–10357
- X. Wang*, M. Y. Liao, Y. T. Zhong, T. Y. Zhai, C. Y. Zhi, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Y. Bando, D. Golberg*, ZnO Hollow Spheres with Double-Yolk Egg Structure for High-Performance Photocatalysts and Photodetectors, Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 3421–3425.
- Y. T. Zhong, X. Wang, K. C. Jiang, J. Y. Zheng, Y. G. Guo, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, A facile synthesis and lithium storage properties of Co3O4–C hybrid core-shell and hollow spheres, J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 17998–18002
- X. Wang, X.-L. Wu, Y.-G. Guo, Y. T. Zhong, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Synthesis and Lithium Storage Properties of Co3O4 Nanosheets-Assembled Multi-shelled Hollow Spheres, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2010, 20 (10), 1680–1686.
- T. Y. Zhai*, X. S. Fang*, M. Y. Liao, X. J. Xu, L. Li, B. D. Liu, Y. Koide, Y. Ma*, J. N. Yao*, Y. Bando, D. Golberg, Fabrication of High-Quality In2Se3 Nanowire Arrays toward High-Performance Visible-Light Photodetectors, ACS Nano, 2010, 4 (3), 1596–1602.
- Z. L. Wang, Y. Ma*, R. L. Zhang, A. D. Peng, Q. Liao, Z. W. Cao, H. B. Fu, J. N. Yao*, Reversible Luminescent Switching in a [Eu(SiW10MoO39)2]13–-Agarose Composite Film by Photosensitive Intramolecular Energy Transfer, Adv. Mater., 2009, 21(17), 1737–1741
- X. Wang, H. B. Fu, A. D. Peng, T. Y. Zhai, Y. Ma*, F. L. Yuan*, J. N. Yao*, One-Pot Solution Synthesis of Cubic Cobalt Nanoskeletons, Adv. Mater., 2009, 21(16), 1636–1640.
Login and edit information
·Graduate: Materials Chemistry
·Undergraduate: Chemistry for Engineering Students