Phone: (27) 87559404
Academic Areas: Carbon-based materials
Research Interests: Carbon-based materials
Dr. Xing Lu is currently a Full Professor in Huazhong University of Science and Technology supported by The National Thousand Talents Program of China. His research interests lie in the rational design and facile generation of novel hybrid carbon materials with potential applications in energy storage/conversion and biology. He has published more than 60 papers in related fields, including >20 at JACS and ACIE, along with more than 10 review articles, 3 edited books and 5 book chapters. He received a PhD from Peking University in 2004. Then he worked as a COE Postdoctoral Fellow in Nagoya University, Japan. From 2006 to 2011, he was a Senior Scientist (Research Professor) in TARA Center, University of Tsukuba, Japan. In September 2011, he joined current institution to establish the ‘Research Center for Carbon Materials’.
Ph.D. College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
M.S. Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, CAS
B.S. College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University
- Xing Lu, Luis Echegoyen, Alan Balch, Shigeru Nagase, and Takeshi Akasaka, Endohedral Metallofullerenes: Fundamentals and Applications, CRC Press (USA), 2015.
- X. Lu*, L. Feng, T. Akasaka*, S. Nagase, Current Status and Future Developments of Endohedral Metallofullerenes, Chem. Soc. Rev., 41, 7723-7760, 2012.
- X. Lu*, T. Akasaka*, S. Nagase, Carbide Cluster Metallofullerenes: Structure, Properties, and Possible Origin, Acc. Chem. Res., 47, 1627-1635, 2013.
- H. Cong, B. Yu, T. Akasaka, X. Lu*, Coord. Chem. Rev. 257, 2880-2898, 2013.
- H. Fang, H. Cong, M. Suzuki, L. Bao, B. Yu, Y. Xie, N. Mizorogi, M. M. Olmstead*, A. L. Balch*, S. Nagase, T. Akasaka* and X. Lu*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 10534−10540, 2014.
- Y. Xiao, S-E. Zhu, D-J. Liu, M. Suzuki,; X. Lu*, G-W. Wang*, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 53, 3006-3010, 2014.
- M. Yamada, H. Kurihara, M. Suzuki, J. Guo, M. Waelchli, M. M. Olmstead, A. L. Balch, S. Nagase, Y. Maeda, T. Hasegawa, X. Lu, T. Akasaka*, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 7611-7614, 2014
Awards and Honors
·12th ‘The Ambassador Award’, Chinese Embassy in Japan (2009)
·7th ‘Osawa Award’, Fullerenes and Nanotubes Research Society of Japan (2011).
Login and edit information
·Composite Materials (undergraduate)
·Advanced Functional Materials (graduate)