Phone: (86) 027-87543894
Academic Areas: Laser Materials Processing
Research Interests: Laser Materials Processing
Chunming Wang, Ph.D., Professor of Huazhong University of Science & Technology, his main research on laser processing technology, including laser welding and its hybrid welding technology, wire feed laser welding technology, laser cutting technology, laser welding of light weight alloy and plastic, on-line monitoring for laser processing and so on. In recent years, he has undertaken for more than 30 research projects supported by NSF of China, National Basic Research Program of China, and industries. He also published more than 30 papers, including about 20 SCI/EI cited papers and authorized 6 invention patents and 4 Science and Technology Awards.
Bachelor in welding, 1996, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Master in Materials Processing, 1999, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Doctor in Materials Processing, 2005, Huazhong University of Science and Technology;
Visiting scholar (Fall 2008 to fall 2009), Southern Methodist University, America
Teaching at Huazhong University of Science and Technology (Since 1999)
- The effect of aging heat treatment on microstructure and mechanical properties of laser welded joints of alloy GH909: Materials Science and Engineering: A 2014. Vol.598, 62–67
- A study of fiber laser welding of galvanized steel using a suction method: Journal of Materials Processing Technology，2014. Vol. 214, Vol.7:1456–1465
- A study of the mechanism of laser welding defects in low thermal expansion superalloy GH909: Materials Characterization, 2013. Vol.78: 21–30.
- Microstructures and properties of laser welding joint of super-eutectic ZA alloy: Materials and Design, 2013. Vol. 43: 25–30.
- Study on the interaction mechanism between laser and rock during perforation: Optics & Laser Technology, 2013. Vol. 54: 303–308
- Study on the periodic oscillation of plasma/vapour induced during high power fibre laser penetration welding: Optics and Laser Technology, 2012. Vol. 44, No.1, 67-70.
- Interaction between laser-induced plasma/vapor and arc plasma during fiber laser-MIG hybrid welding, JOURNAL OF MECHANICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, 2011,Vol.25, No.6: 1529-1533
- Role of side assisting gas on plasma and energy transmission during CO2 laser welding: Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2011.4,Vol.211, No 4: 668-674
Awards and Honors
· S&T Progress Award (third class), Ministry of Education
·Second Prizes of technological advancement of AVIC I
·Second prizes of quality of teaching in HUST (twice)
·Huazhong university of science and technology outstanding young faculty
·6 authorized national invention patents
Login and edit information
·Laser Materials processing
·Measurement and Test