Phone: (852) 27 8755 7749
Academic Areas: Materials Science
Research Interests: Materials Physics
Wenjun Zhang is the Associate Professor of Materials Science at College of Materials Science and Engineering in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research interests are as follows:
1) Carbon Materials: Carbon Nanotube, Graphene, Fullerene;
2) Micro-/nano- fabrication, Unconventional Lithography;
3) Molecular Diagnostic Devices, Integrated Biosensors;
4) Surface-enhanced Spectroscopic Techniques;
5) Electrochemical Methods.
He has a good publication record in the international scientific journals of materials science and chemistry such as JACS, Small, Lab on a chip, and APL. Dr. Zhang had given several talks in some famous academic conferences and acted as conference organizing chair or special issue editor. He also took the peer reviewer positions for some domestic and international journals and conferences.
· PhD in Materials Engineering, 2010, City University of Hong Kong
· Master of Science in Applied Chemistry, 2006, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
· Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering and Technology, 2000, Wuhan Institute of Chemical Technology
· Associate Professor (2013 – present), Huazhong University of Science and Technology
· Marie Curie Academic Visitor (2012), Queen Marry University of London
· Postdoctoral Research Fellow (2011), Fudan University
· Senior Research Associate (2010), City University of Hong Kong
· Research Associate (2009 - 2010), City University of Hong Kong
· Research Assistant (2006 - 2009), City University of Hong Kong
· Research Assistant (2004 - 2006), Huazhong University of Science and Technology
· W.J. Zhang, M. Suzuki, Y.P. Xie, L.P. Bao, W.T. Cai, Z. Slanina, S. Nagase, M. Xu, T. Akasaka, and X. Lu, “Molecular Structure and Chemical Property of a Divalent Metallofullerene Yb@C2(13)-C84”, Journal of the American Chemistry Society, vol. 135, no. 34, pp. 12730 - 12735 (2013).
· W. J. Zhang, T. Qiu, X. P. Qu, and P. K. Chu, “Atomic Layer Deposition of Platinum Thin Films on Anodic Aluminum Oxide Templates as Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering Substrates”, Vacuum, vol. 89, pp. 257 – 260 (2013).
· Y.-C. Tung, N.-T. Huang, B.-R. Oh, B. Patra, C.-C. Pan, T. Qiu, P. K. Chu, W. J. Zhang*, and K. Kurabayashi, “Optofluidic Detection for Cellular Phenotyping”, Lab on a Chip, vol. 12, no. 19, pp. 3552 – 3565 (2012). (Cover Paper & LabChip Top 10 %)
· X. Z. Lang, T. Qiu, W. J. Zhang*, Y. Yin, and P. K. Chu, “Tunable Silver Nanocap Superlattice Arrays for Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 115, no. 49, pp. 24328 – 24333 (2011).
· T. Qiu*, W. J. Zhang*, X. Z. Lang, Y. J. Zhou, T. J. Cui, and P. K. Chu, “Controlled Assembly of Highly Raman-Enhancing Silver Nanocap Arrays Templated by Porous Anodic Alumina Membranes”, Small, vol. 5, no. 20, pp 2333 – 2337 (2009).
Awards and Honors
· HUST HUAZHONG (Youth) Scholar, 2014, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
· The outstanding Academic Performance Award Receipt, 2009, City University of Hong Kong
Login and edit information
· Chemistry for Engineering Students
· Industrial Practice of Undergraduate students